Meetings of the Board or Corporation: 14/06/2023
Here are the key points regarding the manner and venue of meetings for the board or corporation:
- Attendance by Electronic Means: Unless the corporation’s bylaws state otherwise, individuals entitled to attend a meeting of the corporation or its board of directors may participate in the meeting through electronic means.
- Meetings Held Entirely by Electronic Means: Meetings of the corporation or its board of directors can be conducted entirely through electronic means if not specified otherwise in the bylaws.
- Voting by Electronic, Telephonic, or Other Methods: Individuals attending a meeting by electronic means and who have the right to vote may do so using any electronic, telephonic, or other voting method made available by the corporation.
- Deemed Presence: Individuals attending a meeting by electronic means are considered to be present in person at the meeting for all purposes under the Alberta CPA.
- Non-Electronic Meetings: If a meeting is not held entirely by electronic means, it must take place at a location within the municipality where the units are located, unless an ordinary resolution is passed at a general meeting of the corporation to hold the meetings in another location.
It’s important to note that these provisions may be subject to the specific bylaws and regulations of the corporation, so it is advisable to refer to the relevant governing documents for accurate and up-to-date information.